Skip to main content

Moda Bake Shop Free Tutorial: Picnic Fireworks Quilt



Today I'm back on the Moda Bake Shop with the tutorial for my Picnic Fireworks Quilt!

I really enjoyed making this quilt and have greatly been anticipating the pattern release!  This quilt is made from Moda Fabrics Picnic Basket Wovens.  These are lusciously soft wovens and I'm so happy with how they performed in this quilt.



I'm planning on making more things from this line...I'm thinking dresses for my girls, cloth napkins for our picnics, and a picnic bag.  Stay tuned :)



These fabrics ship to store in May.  I'll be selling some in my Etsy shop.  Get in touch now if you'd like to reserve a fat quarter bundle.  Also, I can make a few kits for this quilt so if you'd like to preorder one, contact me through Etsy.



Head on over to Moda Bake Shop to get the free tutorial!  Remember, I'd love to see your versions of Picnic Fireworks! Tag me on Instagram @skeinandhook and tag your project as #picnicfireworksquilt or send me an email!  Enjoy the pattern!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: How to Add a Zipper to a Crochet Pouch

I have been crocheting tons of pouches lately and I love lining them with a coordinating fabric and finishing them with a zipper.  I'm not an expert at sewing by any means, but this method works for me.  I use it every time and I am always happy with the results.  I hope you enjoy this tutorial! In the pictures shown in this tutorial, I am lining the Lee Change Purse .  But, this method will work for any pouch...just adjust the fabric and zipper sizes. Materials needed- for the fabric lining & zipper (if desired): • 5" zipper • Fabric- 2 pieces that are roughly 5" high by 6"wide •Needle & thread •Sewing machine (optional) •a few ball head straight pins Finished size: • Lee Change Purse- 4" high by 5" wide Making the Lining: 1. Cut out 2 pieces of fabric that are about 1/2-inch larger around than your pouch. 2. Lay one piece of the fabric, right side up, on your worktop.  Place the zipper, right side up, on top of t

Free Crochet Pattern: Emerson Car Seat Cover or Baby Blanket

I love the concept of car seat covers/canopies.  When you use a regular blanket instead, it is always falling off and you are constantly picking it up off the ground.  A car seat cover covers and protects your baby for cold weather, rain, snow, bright sun, you name it and it hooks on the handle bar so it ALWAYS stays in place!  I absolutely love it and if you have a baby in an infant seat, you NEED to make one of these to see how great it is. PLEASE REMEMBER, it is dangerous to have your baby covered up in their car seat for long periods of time.  This cover is NOT meant for that.  This cover is only meant to be used when you are walking from your house to your car, store to car, school to car, and the like...it is meant to protect your baby from rain, snow, strong wind as you are walking from the places mentioned above.  It is not meant to be left on the car seat when you are driving, sitting somewhere, going to a long walk or stroller ride, or anywhere else for longer than a minut

Free Crochet Pattern: Valentine's Day Headbands

I made these adorable Valentine's headbands for my daughters.  For three free crochet headband patterns and how I made them, see below! I saw the cutest heart headband floating around Pinterest and decided to make one for each of my daughters.  The tutorial for the heart headband is here and the original heart pattern is here . But instead of using an elastic headband, I decided to use a crochet one.  I made some of these last year for my girls to wear at Easter and they turned out well so I was excited to make more. Here are my hearts: For the red one, I used Vanna's Choice yarn in Scarlet with a K hook.  For the darker pink, I used Red Heart Soft Baby Steps in Strawberry with an I hook.  For the lighter pink, I used Vanna's Choice yarn in Pink with a G hook. All of the headbands begin the same way.  If you are using 2 hair ties you have to join them together before you start joining the yarn onto the hair tie. If you are using one hair tie, you can beg