Thursday, January 15, 2015

Recipe: Homemade Pizza- Dairy/Soy Free Pizza & Onion Pizza with American & Mozzarella Cheese

Once a week, we have homemade pizza for dinner.  Everyone looks forward to it.



I have tried so many crust recipes and all of them were good but not worth repeating.  I just kept searching for the best.  I finally found one that fit the bill.  It's Pioneer Woman's Pizza Crust.  You can find the crust recipe here.  Make sure you use extra virgin olive oil, I think it makes all the difference.

Mix the dough ingredients and form into a ball.  Then lightly coat the ball of dough with olive oil and cover the bowl with a clean tea towel.  Let it rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Prepare to pans (I usually use cookie sheets) by sprinkling them with cornmeal.



Split the dough in half and roll each half out on a floured surface and put it on the prepared pans.



Next, let it sit for 20-30 minutes before putting on the toppings.  I find that this helps to make sure the crust is not soggy.

Right before baking, top the pizzas with your favorite toppings.  For my family, I usually do the below:


DAIRY-FREE, SOY-FREE PIZZA



For my kids' pizza (who are allergic to all dairy and soy products), I spread half a can of Don Pepino's pizza sauce and then top with Daiya Mozzarella cheese (dairy-free and soy-free cheese). 

Bake at 475F for 12-14 minutes.


ONION PIZZA WITH AMERICAN & MOZZARELLA CHEESE



For my husband and I, more often than not, I make onion pizza.

I dice one small onion and put it into the half full can of Don Peppino's pizza sauce and mix until the onion is evenly dispersed (you could do it in a bowl, but why dirty a dish? :)

 
Spread the onion/sauce mixture onto the crust.


Then I break up a few pieces of Cooper Sharp American cheese and place randomly over the sauce.  Then, top that with mozzarella cheese.


Bake at 475F for 12-14 minutes.



Yum!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick 16-Patch Baby Quilt

This fall I started working on quilts for each of my children.  I'm going in order of need right now :)  My youngest daughter and m...